Monday 12 September 2016

A Crochet Friend

My little daughter is sitting down to crochet with me. Ok, she has so far learnt to only chain, but after seeing her enjoyment and enthusiasm, with practice, she will be making blankets with me in the not too far distance.


This won't be news to others, but do you know what I am learning is a major key to teaching? Gentleness. Oh, to display more gentleness in my life! After a few failed attempts at teaching Eliana to crochet in earlier years, gentleness (and perhaps age) made this lesson a pleasing memory to last. I love you, my little daughter.

"She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue." Proverbs 31:26

"A soft answer turns away wrath..." Proverbs 15:1

"A gentle tongue is a tree of life..." Proverbs 15:4


No comments: